Wednesday, October 12, 2011

The All-Food Diet

Hello, I'm going to talk about the All-Food Diet, a series of life-style suggestions that I'm compiling into a book.

The basics:

Eat foods with one ingredient
Avoid chemicals
Walk or bike whenever you can
Pay attention to your lifestyle, make it active, green, and moderate.

Rather than repeat what I'm writing, I'm going to talk about my daily activities.  Sometimes I practice what I preach, other times I stray.

Ho hum, it was not a very exciting day.   I went to the Y for a brief workout, one point.  Had herb tea and fiber-laden natural cereal, another point.  Failed to walk or bike, lose one point.  Had small portion of my home-made chili for lunch, one point.  Raided the chocolate, a gift from work, lose one point.


I'll give myself another point for starting my blog, and sign off.

I'd be interested in hearing what y'all do to stay fit.

2 comments:

  1. I've been on a semi-paleo diet since June and I've been doing weekly to twice-weekly crossfit workouts since last October. I work full-time and am a single mom, so I don't have a lot of time to do leisurely exercise, but I would like to be able to do more long walks/hikes, rollerblade, and bike. My diet is mostly meat, dairy, vegetables and some fruits and nuts. I try to keep my Omega-3s high. I avoid grains of all kinds, but occasionally splurge on sushi rice because I love sushi. I love to talk about diet and exercise.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds pretty good all around. I'm under the delusion that juveniles are a good source of labour. You walk or bike to the store with them and they help carry mass quantities of groceries. The idea is to substitute car trips and stress and supplant them with quality time and activity. If you just don't have the time, there are little things you can do, like avoid elevators. Adding a few minutes of walking here and there and eating real food leads to fitness.

    The AFD recommends going easy on the meat and dairy, and eating all the grain you desire.

    ReplyDelete