Monday, December 31, 2012

Comida Natural


Food, in general, is better in Mexico.  I didn’t do a chemical analysis, but just consider…

I get fish from the fisherman as he drags his boat up on the beach.  Lemon’s grow on trees.  When I ask my friends for one, the usual response is “take many”.  I don’t know many lime trees, but I think the natives do a lot of barter and giving between relatives.  The tortillas are sometimes made by hand.  The Mango’s are fresh, or they are not there, but never are they ancient.  The beef is rumoured to be top rate.  I have not spotted CAFO’s, although I have seen many a cow tied to the roadside eating the grass.  I’ve seen tomato CAFO’s, but who ever got mad tomato disease?  The nopales is local.  The remainder of the food looks pretty good to me.  The fast food is fresh and local, quite the opposite of our side of the border.  The stands without refrigeration are forced to use fresh ingredients.  In the interior, the restaurants loudy announce Mariscos, but they don’t have any.  Food is Local, not because they are locovores, but because it’s easy and cheap to use local ingredients.


1 comment:

  1. According to me, it's better to have a fast food because Due to the pace of life in the big cities, plus the integration of women into productive activities, it is rare that eating at home, let alone prepare food properly at home. Because of this, people are increasingly turning to fast food, integrating it with their eating habits.

    midway airport pizza delivery

    ReplyDelete